"Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.
" John 14:1
Shiyong Lu (吕世勇)
Professor, IEEE Senior Member
Director, Big Data Research Laboratory
Wayne State University
5057 Woodward Ave, Suite 3010,
Detroit, Michigan 48202, U.S.A.
Office: 14105.1 Maccabees
3105 Maccabees Bldg.
- Congratulations to Fahima and his coauthors for the acceptance of their paper entitled "A Security Framework for Scientific Workflow
Provenance Access Control Policies" by IEEE Transactions on Services Computing. Download.
- Congratulations to Ishtiaq, Bai and Fahima for their best student paper award at IEEE Congress on Big Data.
Ishtiaq Ahmed, Shiyong Lu, Changxin Bai, Fahima Amin Bhuyan, "Diagnosis Recommendation using Machine Learning Scientific Workflows".
- Prospective Ph.D. students: we received another 1M NSF project on big data in Aug 2017. We are looking for two excellent new PhD students. The best way to approach me is to look at http://www.dataview.org. You can sign up and then download the DATAVIEW code
and see if you can introduce some functionality to the system. I love to see a demo of your projects to demonstate your skills in Javascipt/AJAX, JAVA and SQL. System coding is critical in our lab. Big data is on the No 1 of NSF's 10 BIG IDEA LIST.
- CFP: IEEE BigData Conference 2018. Due 8/8/2018.
- CFP: IEEE BigData Congress 2017. Due 1/19/2017.
- Congratulations to Aravind and Mahdi, who will join Allegheny and Lawrence Tech University, respectively, in Fall 2017 as tenture-track assistant professors there. Cheers!
- Congratulations to Andrey, who received a faculty position offer from Eastern Michigan University.
He will become an assisstat professor there from Fall 2016.
- Congratulations to Andrey, who got the Michigan Conrad Award in 2016. This award is given to only one student who published one best paper
in a previous year.
- Milestone of KDM (> 4000 users):
The KDM tool (http://kdm.dataview.org) is already being used by more than 4000 registered users worldwide, representing over 200 universities and companies in more than 100 countries across 5 continents.
These users include professors, graduate and undergraduate students, entrepreneurs, big data architects, and engineers that have used KDM to create over 10,000 hundreds of intelligent big data models in various domains, including healthcare, education, Internet of Things, stock market, retail and many others.
Dr. Shiyong Lu is a
Professor in the Department of Computer Science at Wayne State
Director of the Big Data Research Research Lab. A total of 13 PhD students have graduated under Dr. Lu's supervision, and 9 of them have joined
other universities as assistant professors.
Dr. Lu received his Ph.D. in computer science from State University of New York at
Stony Brook in 2002. Before that, he received his M.E. from the Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy
of Sciences, Beijing
in 1996 and B.E. from the University
of Science and Technology of China at Hefei in 1993. Dr. Lu's
current research focuses on scientific workflows, big data security and services computing.
He is an author of two books and over 140 articles (with over 7300 citations) published in various international conferences and journals, such as
IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, IEEE Conference on Services Computing,
Data and Knowledge
Engineering (DKE), IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE),
IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), IEEE Transactions
on Information Technology in Biomedicine (TITB), Theoretical Computer Science
(TCS), Information Systems (IS), etc. Dr. Lu's research is supported by NSF,
Department of Agriculture, Michigan
Tri-corridor, and Wayne
Dr. Lu is an associate editor of International Journal of Big Data, and an editorial board member of International Journal of Big Data Intelligence (IJBDI).
Dr. Lu is currently involved in several big data projects, including NSF projects to
develop big data technologies for bioinformatics, automobile industry, and civil engineering projects. He is an IEEE Senior Member and an ACM member.
Located at midtown of Detroit, the Motor City,
Wayne State University is a
premier Carnegie Research Exensive University ranked
in the top 50 in R & D expenditures of all public universities by the
National Science Foundation. The university offered more than 350 academic
programs through 13 schools and colleges, to more than 32,000 students, ranked
as one of the top 3 universities in the state of Michigan. Department of
Obstetrics and Gynecology ranks #1 in the country in terms of total funding
from the National Institutes of Health. It is the home to the NIH Perinatology Research Branch, which is dedicated to
improving the quality of maternal-fetal health nationwide. The School of
Medicine at Wayne State University is the largest single-campus medical school,
and the third-largest overall, in the United States. The School of Library and
Information Science is ranked in the top 20 programs in the country. The
doctoral program of the College of Nursing was ranked 5th in the country.
Michigan has many attractive hot spots.
- Yue Opera
- Ping Pong
Datasets for Big Data